The confirmation core page is where a user is directed after they have made a purchase.
There is one default Confirmation core page created during the installation of MemberMouse. Upon initial install, the information presented on this page dynamically updates itself based on the product purchased and displays information such as Product Name, Order Number, Total Order Amount, and Billing Address, among others. This can all be edited as needed.
Additional confirmation pages specific to a product can be created if you require them, otherwise users will be directed to the default Confirmation page. Product-specific confirmation pages are useful if you want to display targeted content or upsell offers on the confirmation page that are specific to the product that was just purchased.
Steps to Create Product-Specific Confirmation Pages
- From the WordPress Dashboard, click Pages
- While Editing or Adding a page, a box entitled MemberMouse Options will appear to the right of the post edit box.
- Click the drop down under Core Page Settings and select Confirmation.
- Once you select Confirmation, you will be given an option to choose Paid or Free.
- Choosing the Paid option will give you a list of products you can associate with this confirmation page.
- You can put any content you want on the confirmation page however you may want to use our default confirmation template as we include a number of useful SmartTags that output relevant information such as member username, billing address, order total, etc. After inserting the default template, feel free to customize it by moving things around and removing elements you do not need.
- Once the page has been edited to your satisfaction, you can click to publish your new Confirmation Page. Now any time a customer purchases the product(s) you associated it, they will be directed to this page and all the relevant user and order information will be displayed.
Changing the Layout of the Product-Specific Confirmation Page
The Confirmation page template is comprised of HTML and SmartTags. The SmartTags provide all of the dynamic data for the page. In fact, you can remove all of the HTML and just use SmartTags and the page will still display dynamic data. The HTML is used to specify the layout of the elements and as the HTML is present right within the WordPress editor, you can modify it any way you want. You can also rearrange or remove any SmartTags you do not want to use. They are not required.
Confirmation Page SmartTags
The confirmation page template includes recommended SmartTags. The SmartTags provide all of the dynamic data for the page. In fact, you can remove all of the HTML and just use SmartTags and the page will still display dynamic data. You can rearrange or remove any SmartTags you do not want to use. They are not required and you can use most of MemberMouse's SmartTags on confirmation pages. Check out the SmartTag documentation to learn more about SmartTags.